Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

C 8 H 10 N 4 O 2 and me

At this time, 8:30, just about every morning, as the coffee I've eagerly consumed begins to kick in, I feel as if I could accomplish anything. Perhaps it's all in my head, perhaps it's the effect of Sufjan Stevens' The Age of Adz album playing, but more than likely it's the C 8 H 10 N 4 O 2 (caffeine) taking hold of my central nervous system, making me feel like there isn't a project too big, and every idea I have is the greatest.
Today, at the exact same time I began to become excited about the tasks I want to do today: go to work, sell shoes, work on my design portfolio, prepare for my informational interview tomorrow, run… the list goes on, but as my thoughts began to shift from what I want to do to what I need to do the list revealed the chores I'm not nearly as excited about; laundry, dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, more laundry, folding laundry, more dishes, laundry again.
My loss of momentum is my fastest action yet today.
8:45 and I've lost hope in the day?
ugh.
I want more coffee.

hello dishes, hello laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment